When you are interested in more information in regards to joining the Navy your local recruiter will be able to answer any questions you may have. Whether it is requirements to join, [pay scale], [benefits], or [education] your local recruiter will be able give you the answers.
Here is a list of recommended questions to ask your local Navy recruiter:
- If I don’t like it, can I leave?
- What is the difference between Active Duty and Reserve Duty and how much of each would I have to do?
- What happens if you leave before you reach your minimum term of service?
- What educational benefits would I be eligible for?
- Would I come under fire as part of my job?
- Would my job involve killing another human being?
- What kind of adventurous training would I get to do?
- In my chosen job, what would a typical work day involve?
- About how many recruits drop out of training and why?
- How likely is it that I will be stationed overseas?
- How likely is it that I will be deployed to a war zone?
- What kind of pay should I expect with my chosen job?
- How easy or hard is it to get a promotion?
- What kind of support should I expect for stress, depression, home sickness, etc.?
- How often will I be allowed to visit home?